Auto-copy bugs in new Project

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dhofma

Auto-copy bugs in new Project

Post by dhofma »

Hi,

I've searched the web and tried to programm a plugin myself for almost 2 whole days now, and i came to the result that 1. my needed plugin doesnt exist and 2. im to stupid to create the plugin myself.

My problem is, that i will have 2 projects with a lot of subprojects with the same bugs (around 10) in it, and creating the bugs for every subproject would take a while. I tried to create a plugin which copys the bugs i created in an template folder to the newly created subfolder using the EVENT_MANAGE_PROJECT_CREATE event, but came to no result. Also, depending on the parent project, other bugs should be copied (i have 2 template projects).

I guess programming this is not a big deal if you are used to developing plugins, but i've never done that before, and i also havent done anything with php so far, so i would be very glad if someone could do this for me, and maybe even explain it to me afterwards.

Thank you in advance!
cas

Re: Auto-copy bugs in new Project

Post by cas »

Check out the "Clone" option within Mantis itself.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

cas wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 09:25 Check out the "Clone" option within Mantis itself.
Not wanted by dhofma https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=24605
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
dhofma

Post by dhofma »

Thank you for your replies.
We've dicussed the options of cloning or auto-copying in my company and came to the result that it will not really make any difference, so we will go on using the clone function. It was an idea of mine that the bugs could be copied automatically, but its really just 3 clicks to clone the bugs.