Can't set Resolution to 'fixed' for my custom status

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

info4km

Can't set Resolution to 'fixed' for my custom status

Post by info4km »

Hello all,
I have a custom status "development_complete". When I try to update the Resolution field to 'fixed' i get an error that i can't use it for that status. We have set the resolved threshold status to the next one in line "ready for QA". It does allow me to use fixed for that. Is there an easy way for me to allow it? We are using Mantis 2.24.1.

I couldn't find anything about this on the forum, so i apologize if it's out there already. Thanks in advance.
KM
cas

Re: Can't set Resolution to 'fixed' for my custom status

Post by cas »

Did you follow the rules for adding a custom status (admin guide)?
If not, please check this first.
In addition review the workflow, this may need adjustment also.
info4km

Post by info4km »

I did follow the admin guide when adding. I can use fixed with the status values after development complete, just not at the same time when i try to make it "development complete". As for the workflow, not sure what i'd be looking for that would affect this. That is really what my question is. What would cause it and how do i stop it, or allow it.

KM
info4km

Post by info4km »

If i change the status that denotes a resolved issue to "development complete" then this of course works. But, now issues that have not yet been QA tested are already in the Change Log. I guess the only other way to do it is to keep the resolved status at 'ready for QA' like I originally had it, and have a custom resolution that means the same as we wanted fixed to be (??). ... and just make sure it comes before 'fixed'.

BTW - we had mantis 1.19 or something before and this worked fine, so there must be different logic now. I've lost access to that setup though, so I can't check.

If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Thanks in advance.
KM