Workflow: close by Manager

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mikewhit

Workflow: close by Manager

Post by mikewhit »

Has anyone done a mod to ensure that an issue can only be closed by (e.g.) a Manager ?

I have inserted the mods from the manual page to implement rudimentary workflow, and would like to have a restriction that meant that an issue could not be closed by just anyone. This is to enforce a signoff procedure.

Otherwise I'll start digging in the source ...

Thx.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

You can do this already in 0.19.2. Look at $g__set_status_threshold. Setting this to array( CLOSED=>MANAGER) will only allow managers to close the issue.

The full workflow implementation is also in 0.19.2. See $g_status_enum_workflow in the manual.
mikewhit

Ta

Post by mikewhit »

Thanks for that.

No doubt one day all these $g_ 'tweaks' will be exposed on an Administrator's 'Manage Configuration' page.

How about a section in the Manual e.g. 'How to set up Workflow' ?

The thinking behind this and other features could be described, to allow more use to be made of them.

Currently only the actual variables are documented in the Manual, which does not give much insight ...
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Actually, I'm working on that now. We are moving much of the active configuration to the database. New UIs are being created to manage the settings.
mikewhit

Excellent ....

Post by mikewhit »

That sounds good - definitely the way to go.

I hope that the email permission setting (including domain filtering) is moved to the DB too, see my recent Note in http://bugs.mantisbt.org/view.php?id=2609

With all those settings in global variables, it takes me back to some old Basic programs I had to rewrite once ;-) though I haven't worked in PHP so maybe that's the style ?

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by mikewhit on 24 Feb 2005, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

You can look at #4416 for an example.